Responsible for the design and successful operation of the complete control system assigned; including drawings, BOM, part specification. To ensure the control system is released within the allotted timeframe and per job specification requirements.
- Interpret Atlas Copco and customer specifications to define the job specific control system including creation of job specific P & ID and electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code and other international standards (IEC, CE, etc.) and how they apply to industrial control systems.
- Ensure designs are suitable for the specified area class and installation in the designated country.
- Produce the required control system documentation and selection of electrical and control components in accordance with the job specification using good judgment and utmost safe practices.
- Create the drawings, material lists, input/output lists and other documentation based on the job specification and accepted design practices.
- Create new part numbers and assemblies within the SAP manufacturing system.
- Design and lay out the control system to fit within the required job parameters
- Assist in the maintenance of standard documentation.
- Provide project technical support for the Field Service department
- Occasionally the job will require time outside standard office hours including holidays and weekends.
- Travel to customer sites for project implementation, commissioning and/or troubleshooting
- To Comply with safety rules, regulations and OSHA requirements
Minimum of a B. S. degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university or 10 years of related field experience in control system design
Atlas Copco is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity.