Under direction of the Core Engineering Team Leader, the Design Engineer is responsible for developing, designing, and detailing, core components and assemblies for Atlas Copco compressors.
- Prepare models and detailed drawings of components, sub-components and assemblies in PTC Creo.
- Perform detailed engineering calculations related to the design of compressors and related sub-components.
- Provide technical support within the group and to manufacturing, application engineering, and service (Participate in solving field problems as required).
- Review and aid in the design release approval process of core related components and assemblies.
- Maintain an assigned schedule.
- Maintain accurate and well-organized design records.
- Attend kick-off meetings, design reviews and regular team meetings.
- Project administration duties, as required.
- Assist with feedback and correction to project budgets and schedules
- Some travel, including international travel, is required
- Occasionally the job will require time outside standard office hours including holidays and weekends.
- To comply with Safety Rules, Regulations, and OSHA Requirements.
B.S. Degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university (or equivalent experience) and experience in design-activities using 3D modeling software, preferably PTC Creo.
Atlas Copco is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity.